8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Presenter: Bob Nicholson, JDRM Engineering
This electrical safe work practices instructional class aids in the steps toward fulfilling:
NFPA 70E 2018 Article 110.2
OSHA 29 CFR Sub Part S 1910.332(b)(3)
The course provides general knowledge and understanding of the existence, nature, causes, and methods to prevent electrical hazards.
• Training on arc flash awareness
• Standards and codes
• Understanding of arc flash energy values
• Selection and use of appropriate PPE
• Reading & following warning signs/labels
• Methods to reduce risk while working on live exposed parts
• Arc flash hazard assessments
• Safe work practices documentation
• Basic elements of how to develop an effective electrical safe work practices program
• How NFPA 70E is used to help with OSHA electrical standards compliance
• Employer’s on site electrical task training requirements to determine your employee is Qualified to perform energized work.
In addition to the training, OSHA and OSHA On-site Representatives will speak on OSHA regulations. Free electrical compliance consultation services employers can take advantage of to create a compliant and safer workplace will be discussed.
• Employee Qualification Sheet Example
• Specific Task Training Examples
• Certificate (upon test passage)
• Employer Safety Responsibilities “Points of Discussion”
Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance & no-shows are responsible for the full registration fees