Certificate Program in Culture & Human Performance for Safety - Module #1 (Just Culture Overview)
Three Cutting Edge, Inter-related Safety Subject Areas
David A. Varwig, MA, CSP, CSHM, CUSA, LSE
Safety Professional & Organizational Effectiveness Consultant
► JUST CULTURE
Starting at: $95.00
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. each day
Course of Instruction involves: Three 3-Hour training modules:
● Feb. 14, 2019: Just Culture Overview including 6 question discussion exercises to evaluate yours.
● Feb. 21, 2019: Shared (Safety) Accountability Process applied to Unsafe Acts and Violations (in an interactive student exercise)
● Feb. 28, 2019: JC Protocols for Incident Investigation and Lessons Learned Reviews
People will never perform better than what the Organization enables and what Leadership communicates on its safety expectations (that is, the culture for human performance), and follows through with known consequences for not working to safety requirements.
Cost: Members $95.00 per module
Non-Members $145.00 per module
► SIF: SERIOUS INJURY or FATALITY
Starting at: $150.00
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Course of Instruction involves: A 4-Hour training session
● Mar. 28, 2019: Explains the subject matter in detail, exactly what can be done to prevent a SIF through the use of a 24 page guide that will be provided, titled: SIF (Serious Injury & Fatality) Prevention Guide in Support of LSRs, Life Saving Rules
Cost: Members $150.00 per module
Non-Members $200.00 per module
► HPI: Human Performance Improvement
Starting at: $75.00
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. each day
Course of Instruction involves: Three 2-Hour modules on:
● May 9, 2019: Overview: HPI in a Nutshell to understand the fundamentals of HPI
● May 16, 2019: HPI Tools: HERTs (Human Error Reduction Tools & Techniques) & Critical Steps and the SAFER Model to manage and mitigate high risk.
● May 23, 2019: Cognitive Biases (Inattention Blindness, Common Sense, Optimism Bias) & Hu Review for Root Cause Analysis and Shared Accountability Review.
Cost: Members $75.00 per module
Non-Members $125.00 per module
Members $595.00 All 7 Modules
Non-Members $695.00 All 7 Modules
Disclaimer: Receive 7 BWC Rebate Attendance Credits, you must attend all classes for the certificate.
Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance and No-shows are responsible for the full registration fees. Substitutions may be made at any time.