BWC Safety Council Rebate Program
Safety Meeting Attendance
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) Division of Safety & Hygiene (DSH) administers the Ohio safety council program to provide a forum for occupational safety and health education, resources and networking in local communities.
Thousands of Ohio employers benefit from the education, resource sharing, and premium savings which result from actively participating in their local safety council monthly meetings. And you can join them.
• Earn a 2% safety council rebate on your workers’ compensation premium*.
• Learn techniques for increasing safety, health, and wellness in your workplace.
• Network and share best practices with other employers in your community.
• Identify resources to assist you in your accident prevention efforts.
• Access risk management information and strategies to reduce your workers’ compensation costs.
Participation in an Ohio safety council is simpler and easier than ever before.
• Join or confirm your existing, active membership in a local safety council by July 31, 2022.
• Attend 10 in-person safety council meetings between July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 to qualify for the rebate.
*Safety council rebate details are found in this fact sheet.
External Training Credits
It is the employer’s responsibility to submit an official certificate of attendance for external training credit to the safety council in which they are enrolled by June 30, 2023.
You can earn external training credit for up to two meetings through attendance at BWC-sponsored in-person or virtual training courses or in-person safety training from other external sources (e.g. industry associations, third party administrators, etc.). It is the employer’s responsibility to submit documentation to safety council by June 30, 2023 for attendance at non-safety council safety training to qualify. Documentation must be an official certificate of attendance or transcript.
FY23 Safety Council Rebate Program External Training Credit Guide