Starting at: $275
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Instructor: Rob Siemens, Royal Arc Industrial Services
This class is designed to instruct workers on the procedures and protocols for ensuring that a load/cargo is properly secured on a flatbed truck.
This program will cover all the aspects of load/cargo securement including regulatory requirements and liabilities such as:
● Guiding Principles of Public Safety
● Fundamentals of Cargo Securement
● Tie-down Strength Requirement
● Weight Calculations
● Use of Tools for Securement
● Equipment Inspection
● Discussion of Cargo Accidents
Attendees will be instructed on applicable standards including:
● WSTDA (Web Sling & Tie-down Association)
● 49 CFR Load Securement Requirements (393.100-393.106 North American Cargo Securement standards)
Proper securement techniques for specific types of loads will be discussed including, but not limited to:
● Concrete pipe
● Heavy machinery
● Roll-off containers
● Side-by-side loads
● Machining equipment
● Sensitive or fragile loads
Cost: Members: $275.00 per person
Non-members: $375.00 per person
Lunch will be provided by the Safety Council.
Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance and no-shows are responsible for the full registration fees. Substitutions may be made at anytime. Non-members must prepay to register.